We are a group of volunteers dedicated to serving young, emerging nonprofit professionals in Southern Nevada. We invite you to learn more by selecting the photos of any board members below to read their stories.
- OFFICERS -
Elizaveta 'Liza' Golikova
Co-Chair & Director of Events
Founder, Social Impact Events Las Vegas
Co-Chair & Director of Professional Development
Owner, Glass Always Full Coaching & Consulting
Vice Chair and Director of Data Management
Program Associate, Opportunity 180
Logistics Coordinator, Laundry Love Las Vegas
Suthakorn 'Seth' Wongsavit
Secretary and Director of Digital Content
Research Analyst, Nevada Community Foundation
Chapter Congress Representative
Community Outreach, Meow Wolf
- BOARD MEMBERS -
It is always a great time to think about how you can improve your skills and gain new experiences. One of the best ways you can do this and get more involved in the local non-profit community is to join the YNPN of Southern Nevada Board of Directors.
In order to apply, you must be an active YNPN Member. You must apply by October 25th, 2019.
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis after an application is submitted. Board Members serve a two-year term, and the time commitment is approximately 10-15 hours a month. Please note that we kickoff the year with an all-day Board Retreat in January and we expect all Board Members to attend. The date and location of the retreat will be announced once we know everyone's schedules!
The application can be found by clicking here. (Members must login)
Executive Committee Position Descriptions are available here. Note: This is for reference only. Executive Committee positions are elected by the Board of Directors at the Annual Retreat.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Steven Alfonso published Mission Driven HR for Nonprofits | HR Collaborative in Blog 2019-06-05 14:29:18 -0700
YNPN Southern Nevada would like to share this professional development opportunity for human resource professionals. YNPN Southern Nevada is a participant of the CEO Exchange, an association comprised of the leaders of the largest social services nonprofits in Southern Nevada. The HR Collaborative was formed to give HR professionals in nonprofits an opportunity to learn, share ideas and grow professionally. We believe that strengthening the human resources capacity in the nonprofit sector will help our members and the Southern Nevada nonprofit community as a whole. If you believe this program would be beneficial to your organization, please share it with the relevant members of your staff.
MISSION DRIVEN HUMAN RESOURCES FOR NONPROFITS
A 16-hour training course for HR professionals working in nonprofits focusing on critical people
issues that will help your organization achieve success and fulfill its mission.
BUILD YOUR TEAM, MINIMIZE RISK, ACHIEVE SUCCESS
- Four ½-day interactive classes that will include instruction, small-group exercises and discussion in an open learning environment where everyone is encouraged to share best practices, challenges and questions to help strengthen your personal HR knowledge and expertise.
- Training facilitated by Maggie Harris and Greg Wilken, founders of the HR Collaborative, and designed specifically for nonprofits to give you the tools and resources to incorporate a strength-based approach to your organization’s HR strategies and to ensure that your HR practices are legally compliant and minimize the risk to your organization.
- All classes will be held on the UNLV Paradise campus from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with Registration and Breakfast from 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Day One - Building Your Team – July 16
Session 1: Using a Strengths Based Approach to Hiring and Onboarding
Session 2: Recruiting, Interviewing, Background Checks & Hiring
Day Two - Mission Driven Performance – August 13
Session 1: Managing Performance, Progressive Discipline and Separations
Session 2: Supporting Your Supervisors and Leadership Team
Day Three - Creating a Winning Culture – September 17
Session 1: Employee Engagement Strategies and Best Practices
Session 2: Employee Relations: Drug Testing, Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying
Day Four - Engaging All Your Resources – October 15
Session 1: HR Issues with Volunteers, Donors and your Board.
Session 2: Retention Best Practices
$300/class - $1000 for the entire course
Price is per organization - organizations may send more than one participant
EARLY BIRD PRICE
$900 for the entire series if you register by July 1st.
YNPN So. NV Membership FAQs
Q: Why should I join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: When you invest in a YNPN Southern Nevada membership, you are showing your commitment to your own professional growth and to building and sustaining a strong network of nonprofit leaders.
Q: What are the benefits of YNPN Southern Nevada membership?
A: YNPN Southern Nevada members receive free entry to most fee-based YNPN Southern Nevada professional development programs, discounted admission to affiliate events, and other members-only perks. View the full list of member benefits.
Q: Do I have to work for a nonprofit to join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: Not at all! Membership with YNPN Southern Nevada is perfect for individuals who are:
- Residents of Southern Nevada working or volunteering for a local nonprofit
- Interested in supporting the nonprofit sector and its emerging leaders
- Considering a career in the nonprofit sector (including job-seekers, students, and volunteers)
- Seeking opportunities to strengthen nonprofit resume skills and build a network
- Curious about the nonprofit sector and how to get involved
Q: How much does it cost to join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: The cost of a YNPN Southern Nevada membership is just $30 per year.
Q: I’m a leader or employee of a local nonprofit. Can nonprofit organizations join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: Yes! We offer membership at a discount to nonprofits that wish to sponsor YNPN memberships for their employees. Organizational members are also featured Partners on the YNPN Southern Nevada website. Learn more about Organizational Membership.
Q: Can I still attend events and receive resources if I’m not a YNPN Southern Nevada member?
A: Absolutely! YNPN Southern Nevada is committed to providing accessible resources and opportunities for growth for all nonprofit professionals and supporters in the Southern Nevada area.
Almost all our events and programs are open to the public; however, YNPN Southern Nevada Members receive the greatest benefit through cost-saving discounts, member-only perks, and free entry to most of our fee-based programs and events.
Q: What kinds of professional development workshops and opportunities do you offer?
A: We offer a variety of professional development opportunities accessible to members and non-members including but not limited to:
- Access to Experts (A2E): Our ongoing series connects you with local nonprofit and community leaders during a live Q&A session and meet & greet.
- Workshops: Workshops range from a variety of topics that include resume building, health and wellness, work/life balance, and leadership development.
- Mixers: Meet local nonprofit professionals and peers. Build job prospects and references. Find a professional development support system.
- Board of Directors: YNPN Southern Nevada paid members may apply for a position on our volunteer-run Board of Directors during open board enrollment. Prior experience serving on a Board is not required. In fact, we highly encourage newcomers to apply!
- Volunteer: YNPN Southern Nevada paid members who have an interest they wish to develop into marketable resume skills can volunteer with us in areas such as event planning, public speaking, blogging, etc. We strive to create opportunities that help members reach their professional goals.
Q: Am I the right age?
A: YNPN members are generally under 40, and we design our programming specifically with this community of peers in mind, but we don’t turn anyone away. If you believe you have something to gain or to offer to the YNPN community, we’re happy to have you!
Q: Where does the money from my membership fee go?
A: YNPN Southern Nevada is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) organization. Through paid membership, YNPN Southern Nevada aims to provide enhanced programs, resources and events for members and supporters to build and sustain a stronger network of nonprofit leaders. Learn more about our Vision and Mission.
Q: Can I put YNPN Southern Nevada membership on my LinkedIn or resume?
A: We encourage you to add your participation with YNPN Southern Nevada on both your resume and LinkedIn. Be sure to join the YNPN Southern Nevada LinkedIn group.
Q: How else can I connect with YNPN Southern Nevada?
Still have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Steven Alfonso donated 2019-01-10 08:36:38 -0800$9,507.45 raisedGOAL: $5,000.00
Steven Alfonso donated 2017-07-07 09:26:42 -0700$5,100.00 raisedGOAL: $10,000.00
Annual Fee - $30
We welcome you to join our grassroots organization dedicated to supporting young professionals who work in or have a passion for the social sector. For more information on the benefits of joining YNPN, click here.
If you have any questions about YNPN Southern Nevada or have issues registering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Donate