YNPN Southern Nevada Membership FAQs - 2019
Q: Why should I join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: When you invest in a YNPN Southern Nevada membership, you are showing your commitment to your own professional growth and to building and sustaining a strong network of nonprofit leaders.
Q: What are the benefits of YNPN Southern Nevada membership?
A: YNPN Southern Nevada members receive free entry to most fee-based YNPN Southern Nevada professional development programs, events, discounted admission to affiliate events and programs, and other members-only perks. View the full list of member benefits.
Q: Do I have to work for a nonprofit to join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: Not at all! Membership with YNPN Southern Nevada is perfect for individuals who are:
- Residents of Southern Nevada working or volunteering for a local nonprofit
- Interested in supporting the nonprofit sector and its emerging leaders
- Considering a career in the nonprofit sector (including job-seekers, students, and volunteers)
- Seeking opportunities to strengthen nonprofit resume skills and build a network
- Curious about the nonprofit sector and how to get involved
Q: How much does it cost to join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: The cost of a YNPN Southern Nevada membership is just $30 per year.
Q: I’m a leader or employee of a local nonprofit. Can nonprofit organizations join YNPN Southern Nevada?
A: Yes! We offer membership at a discount to nonprofits that wish to sponsor YNPN memberships for their employees. Organizational members are also featured Partners on the YNPN Southern Nevada website. Learn more about Organizational Membership.
Q: Can I still attend events and receive resources if I’m not a YNPN Southern Nevada member?
A: Absolutely! YNPN Southern Nevada is committed to providing accessible resources and opportunities for growth for all nonprofit professionals and supporters in the Southern Nevada area.
Almost all our events and programs are open to the public; however, YNPN Southern Nevada Members receive the greatest benefit through cost-saving discounts, member-only perks, and free entry to most of our fee-based programs and events.
Q: What kinds of professional development workshops and opportunities do you offer?
A: We offer a variety of professional development opportunities accessible to members and non-members including but not limited to:
- Access to Experts (A2E): Our ongoing quarterly series connects you with local nonprofit and community leaders during a live Q&A session and meet & greet.
- Workshops: Professional Development: Workshops range from a variety of topics that include resume building, health and wellness, work/life balance, and leadership development.
- Mixers: Meet local nonprofit professionals and peers. Build job prospects and references. Find a professional development support system.
- Board of Directors: YNPN Southern Nevada paid members may apply for a position on our volunteer-run Board of Directors during open board enrollment. Prior experience serving on a Board is not required. In fact, we highly encourage newcomers to apply!
- Volunteer: YNPN Southern Nevada paid members who have an interest they wish to develop into marketable resume skills can volunteer with us in areas such as event planning, public speaking, blogging, etc. We strive to create opportunities that help members reach their professional goals.
Q: Am I the right age?
A: YNPN members are generally under 40 in their 20s and 30s, and we design our programming specifically with this community of peers in mind, but we don’t turn anyone away. If you believe you have something to gain or to offer to the YNPN community, we’re happy to have you!
Q: Where does the money from my membership fee go?
A: YNPN Southern Nevada is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) organization. Through paid membership, YNPN Southern Nevada aims to provide enhanced programs, resources and events for members and supporters to build and sustain a stronger network of nonprofit leaders. Learn more about our Vision and Mission.
Q: Can I put YNPN Southern Nevada membership on my LinkedIn or resume?
A: We encourage you to add your participation with YNPN Southern Nevada on both your resume and LinkedIn. Be sure to join the YNPN Southern Nevada LinkedIn group.
Q: How else can I connect with YNPN Southern Nevada?
Still have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com.