Join us at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, March 20th at Starboard Tack, 2601 Atlantic St, Las Vegas, NV 89121 for our next Access to Experts event as we welcome Yvanna Cancela.
WHO IS YVANNA CANCELA?
Yvanna is the Executive Director of the Citizenship Project, a Boyd Law School student and the State Senator for District 10 in Nevada. Yvanna will talk about her experiences as a nonprofit professional working in immigration, and with the Culinary Union, and she will talk about how the work we do as professionals impacts our community and how we can work together to make more change in the community.
WHY IS SHE AN EXPERT?
- Current Executive Director at the Citizenship Project
- Former Executive at the Culinary Union
- Current Nevada State Senator from District 10
- Former campaign staff of former US Senator Harry Reid
- Understands the relationship between nonprofit organizations and the state government
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
- Hear directly from a young nonprofit professional who has recently become an Executive Director.
- Find out how this nonprofit professional manages being an Executive Director, Part-time Law Student and State Senator
- Learn about how we can utilize our passion to make our community a better place to live.